Sr Engineer, ASIC Physical Design
Here is our Story
Who we are
Kinara is a Bay Area-based venture backed company. Our architecture is based on research done at Stanford University by Rehan Hameed and Wajahat Qadeer under the guidance of legendary Prof. Mark Horowitz (http://www-vlsi.stanford.edu/~horowitz/) and Prof. Christos Kozyrakis (http://csl.stanford.edu/~christos/).
What we do
Our game-changing AI solutions revolutionize what people and businesses can achieve. Ara inference processors combined with our SDK deliver unrivaled deep learning performance at the edge to accelerate and optimize real-time decision making where every millisecond is critical, and power efficiency is a must. Kinara solutions embed high-performance AI into edge devices to create a smarter, safer, and more enjoyable world. Edge AI is on the brink of a boom, and Kinara is looking forward to playing a significant role in it.
This is what you are responsible for
- Physical Design of complex datapath and control blocks
- Develop new techniques and flows to rapidly prototype hardware blocks
- Develop flows that allow for detailed power estimation
- Work with design team to understand placement and recommend implementation options
- Interact and engage with external teams to drive as well as deliver subsystems leading to chip tapeout
Preferred qualifications but not necessary
- BTech/MTech EE/CS with 8+ Years of Physical Design experience.
- Extensive knowledge of
- Automated synthesis, Technology mapping, Place-and-Route and Layout techniques
- Physical verification and quality checks like LVS, DRC, IR drop
- Clock tree synthesis, Power mesh design, Signal integrity
- Latest foundry nodes up to 7nm
- Hands on experience with
- Synthesis, Automatics Place-and-route, Full Chip STA, IO Planning, Full Chip Floorplan, Power Mesh creation, Bump Planning, RDL Routing, Low power design flows
- Strong understanding of advanced digital design architectures and clocking structures to help manage timing and physical design constraints
- Ability to work with designers to analyze and explore physical implementation options for complex designs.
- Basic knowledge of DFT techniques and implications on Physical design
- Desired tool familiarity
- Industry standard PnR, Synthesis etc tools, TCL Scripting
- Strong communication skills and good team player
We at Kinara have an environment that fosters innovation. Our team has technology experts who understand the big picture and mentors who coach passionate professionals to work on the most exciting challenges. We share responsibilities in everything we do, where every point of view is valued. Join us!
Now tell us your story. We are looking forward to reviewing your application.
Make your mark!